All About Binder Somal, BACP Relationship Counsellor
Hello, my name is Binder Somal, and I am a senior NHS accredited Counsellor, Supervisor and Relationship Therapist.
I have worked for the NHS and Relate (relationship counselling service) for over nineteen years and am now offering private psychological therapy as a member of the Tranceform Psychology team on Sundays.
I work with individuals, couples and families although I specialise in relationship counselling at Tranceform.
As a Clinical Supervisor I also provide clinical supervision to students and other mental health providers.
I provide a culturally diverse approach to therapy and am fluent in many Asian languages which include Punjabi and Hindi.
I am accredited with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and with Interpersonal Psychotherapy Institute (IPT).
I am a firm believer in that there is not a one size fits all approach to therapy and as such, by using an integrative/eclectic approach, I utilise various models of therapy to work collaboratively with you towards meeting your needs and therapy goals.
I hold the belief that you are the expert of your life, and my role within our sessions, is to help you work through the difficulties you are experiencing.
I am passionate about my work and the long-term benefits of ‘talking therapies’ and am committed to making a difference to my clients’ well-being.
The world can be a pretty stressful place and our daily lives can drain us emotionally and physically as we attempt to juggle our work and personal lives.
- BSc. Health Sciences
- Professional Diploma Integrative Counselling
- Counselling & Psychotherapy Advanced Diploma
- Martial & Couples Counselling Theory & Practice
- Certificate in Psycho-sexual Counselling
- Family and Systemic Practice Therapy (Intermediate)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and NLP
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy IAPT IPT Practitioner Training
- Young People’s Counselling
- Cruse Bereavement Training
- Mindfulness Practitioner Training
- Psychodynamic Training
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Training
- Palliative Care Training
- CBT Skills Training
- Life Coaching (on-going)
Therapies that I can offer
- Couples and individual counselling
- Family/systemic counselling
- Humanistic and Integrative therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Solution focused brief therapy
- Emotionally Focused therapy
- IPT Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness therapy
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Intercultural therapy
- Transactional Analysis therapy
- Bereavement therapy
Free Initial Consultations
We offer all prospective clients a FREE initial consultation to discuss your problems prior to commencing any treatment plans.
The consultation is free and lasts around 50 minutes.
During this consultation we will discuss the various therapy options that are available to you and make a considered recommendation based on your individual personal circumstances.
At Tranceform Psychology we recognise the importance of the therapeutic relationship in helping people to bring about effective change, so its important to be able to ‘meet’ to discuss any therapy treatments BEFORE proceeding.
Our policy is to help people make a fully balanced & considered decision about undertaking work with us, including both the financial and personal implications.