Analytical Therapy for Emetophobia Wolverhampton
If you have Emetophobia (the fear of being sick) then you’ve come to the right place!
We have been helping people suffering from this problem since 2009 and have an excellent record of success.
You can read what Emetophobia sufferers have said about our treatments by visiting our Client Testimonials page HERE
The fear of being sick is reckoned to be the FIFTH MOST COMMON phobia around, although surprisingly it seems to be talked about very little.
There are a number of common factors that seem to affect all Emetophobia sufferers who consult us for help as follows:
- Sufferers seem to be young (18-25) and in our experience almost always female (Males DO suffer from this problem but perhaps keep it more to themselves!)
- They tend to have an “obsessive” character, often with mild to strong Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (routines and rituals)
- They avoid under cooked foods and often will not allow anybody else to cook food for them – often, therefore, avoiding resturants
- Have a “fixation” about “sickness bugs” – perhaps not worrying too much about other “bugs” that do not have “sickness” associated with them
- Often worry about making a fool of themselves in public
- May not have actually been sick for many years (some clients tell me that it has been 15 years since they were sick last)
Whatever YOUR specific Emetophobia symptoms may be, we can offer a number of solutions, using either Cognitive based therapy – often called “talking therapies” during which you will learn how your particular “thinking style” can keep you “trapped” in a negative cycle of worry – or Psychoanalytical techniques that can help you to identify and remove emotions and emotional experiences that may have become “trapped” in your unconscious mind leading to you feeling the way you do TODAY.
If you’d like to come along for a completely Confidential chat about your fear of being sick, then please don’t hesitate to call me on 07434 776125 or send me an e-mail by visiting my contact page HERE.