Management Standards – HSE
What are the Management Standards?
HSE’s Management Standards represent a set of conditions that, if present:
- Demonstrate good practice through a step-by-step risk assessment approach
- Allow assessment of the current situation using pre-existing data, surveys and other techniques
- Promote active discussion and working in partnership with employees and their representatives, to help decide on practical improvements that can be made
- Help simplify risk assessment for work-related stress by identifying the main risk factors
- Help employers focus on the underlying causes and their prevention
- Provide a yardstick by which organisations can gauge their performance in tackling the key causes of stress
They cover six key areas of work design that, if not properly managed, are associated with poor health (anxiety and depression), lower productivity and increased accident and sickness absence rates.
They are the principal causes of work related stress.
The Management Standards Approach Focuses On:
- Demands – this includes issues such as workload, work patterns and the work environment
- Control – how much say the person has in the way they do their work
- Support – this includes the encouragement, sponsorship and resources provided by the organisation, line management and colleagues
- Relationships – this includes promoting positive working to avoid conflict and dealing with unacceptable behaviour
- Role – whether people understand their role within the organisation and whether the organisation ensures that they do not have conflicting roles
- Change – how organisational change (large or small) is managed and communicated in the organisation
To effectively implement the Management Standards approach it is essential that you ensure the resource, support and infrastructure for the project is in place in your organisation.
Many businesses find that making the time and resources available for such an implementation is highly prohibitive.
Tranceform Psychology Business Services can alleviate this potential headache for you by taking over complete management of the project ensuring that your company is able to carry on with its prime activities in the full knowledge that the standards will be met (assuming a full cooperation with your organisation of course)!
Our core delivery team has extensive business experience as well as highly targeted qualifications, with Paul being a Masters level psychologist (MSc.), psychotherapist and NEBOSH NGC Level 3 Health & Safety Technician.
Management Standards Assessment
If you are interested in getting your business formally ‘risk assessed’ to determine if adoption of the HSE management standards is appropriate for your business in order to manage work related stress, then please do get in touch.
You can e-mail Paul on: email@example.com
Find out more about our Mental Health at Work services here:
Case Study One NHS Black Country
Case Study Two Abacus Wealth Services
Healthy Minds Employee Assistance Programme
Mental Health Prevention Strategies
Contact Paul Lee BSc. MSc. MIAEBP
Read about Paul
You can e-mail Paul on:
Find Out More About Mental Health at Work Services
If you'd like to find out more about how we can help your business to manage mental health at work issues, or to discuss our training services, then please get in touch here.
Mobile Paul: 07434 776125
Mobile Joan: 07434 776504
Mobile Binder: 07438 389931
Self Directed CBT Programme Website: Tranceformental.com
Maypole House, Yew Tree Court, Maypole Street, Wombourne, South Staffs, WV5 9JB.
what3words address: ///lakes.grain.claims
2023 Celebrating 14 Years providing mental health counselling in Wolverhampton, the West Midlands, Staffordshire & Shropshire.
© Tranceform Psychology Mental Health Services in Wolverhampton 2009 - 2023 | Website Design by Therapy Webs