Emotional Intelligence Training for Demanding Workplaces
Emotional intelligence is the emotional equivalent of cognitive intelligence which, until recently, were thought to be mutually exclusive traits or skills – you were either academically intelligent (IQ) or, you were emotionally intelligent (EQ).
Today we know that success in the workplace is often due to a well balanced combination of both characteristics. Like cognitive intelligence, emotional intelligence can also be learnt using evidence-based approaches.
Emotional Intelligence for the Workplace
Our one day training seminar, delivered by Paul Lee BSc. is designed to enable candidates to grasp a solid understanding of the key principles of EI as well as developing an individually tailored action plan.
The agenda for the Emotional Intelligence seminar includes:
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- What is the business case for EQ?
- The vaue of EQ in the workplace.
- Defining the five components of Emotional Intelligence
- Candidate measurement of EQ
- Exploring the five components
- Social Skills
- Action planning for the individual EQ reports
By the end of the seminar participants will:
- Understand what Emotional Intelligence is
- Explore how Emotional Intelligence helps with colleague intercations
- Develop an awareness of emotions as they occur ‘in the moment’
- Identify tools to manage and use the ‘right’ emotions to enhance business effectiveness
- Acquire skills in applying the Emotional Intelligence protocol to common situations
- Gain perceptual awareness of the feelings of colleagues
- Participate in better social interactions
- Identify situational triggers leading to unproductive emotions
- Develop a specific plan of action based on their personal EQ (15 point tool) score
Seminar Delivery and Venues
Tranceform are able to deliver all of our training seminars in either (a) your own place of work (we supply the projector, projection screen and computer) or (b) using one of our external training venues.
Our standard prices for all half-day and full day seminars does not include the cost of the venue which can vary according to location and capacity.
Get in Touch with Us
To find out more about our training programmes or any aspect of our 'Mental Health at Work' psychological services, e-mail email@example.com or call him on 07434 776125.
Tranceform works with local businesses to support mental health issues in the workplace, including the delivery of in-house training seminars, development and implementation of regulatory systems for managing work-related stress and psychological well-being, one-to-one support in-clinic as well as Employee Assistance Programmes & Retained Service contracts.
Find out more about our Mental Health at Work services here:
Applied Psychology for Business
Tranceform Psychology offer expert psychological training programmes and services to organisations across the Black Country and the West Midlands.
We are expert PhD, Masters and Graduate level academics and practitioners with significant experience in board level commerce as well as counselling psychology.
All of our support and training programmes are based on peer-reviewed research and contemporary understandings in social and cognitive psychology.
Find out more about the Me, Myself & I programme.
Find out more about the Surviving V Thriving programme.
Find out more about the Creating a Line of Sight programme
Find out more about our Emotional Intelligence programme.