Change in the Workplace
Change Can Adversely Affect Stress Levels at Work
This includes how organisational change (large or small) is managed and communicated within the organisation.
The Standard is that:
Employees indicate that the organisation engages them frequently when undergoing an organisational change systems are in place locally to respond to any individual concerns
Management Standards are Met When:
- The organisation provides employees with timely information to enable them to understand the reasons for proposed changes
- The organisation ensures adequate employee consultation on changes and provides opportunities for employees to influence proposals
- Employees are aware of the probable impact of any changes to their jobs. If necessary, employees are given training to support any changes in their jobs
- Employees are aware of timetables for changes
- Employees have access to relevant support during changes
Many people find change difficult, particularly in businesses that have been in existence for many years and have perhaps had very fixed ways of doing things.
However, in order to be agile in today’s volatile and fast-moving market place the need to change has never been greater.
Making fundamental structural or organisational change to your business without adequate preparation and communication will almost always lead to high levels of work related stress and anxiety in the workforce, including senior managers as well as ground-level staff.
Management Standards Consulting
If you would like some help implementing the HSE Management Standards in your business then Tranceform Psychology Business Services can help.
We offer multi-disciplinary expert help through our core delivery team, including expertise in:
- Corporate Governance - Paul has held senior directorships in local SME's and holds both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Psychology
- A thorough understanding of business leadership & management
- NEBOSH NGC Level 3 Health & Safety certification
- PhD. Level counseling psychology certification - Dr. Somal plays a central role in programme development
We are able to undertake risk assessments for work related stress as well as make a general gap-analysis of where your company 'is' in terms of internal structures, policies and deployment of the standards defined by the HSE.
- Work Related Stress Risk Assessments
- Stress Policy Development
- Management Standards Gap-analysis and report creation
- Stress Awareness training
- Stress Management Training (Thriving at Work)
- Employee Assistance Packages
- Mental Health Counselling services
If you'd like to find out more, or arrange for any of our mental health at work services, then please get in touch.
Call Paul on 07434 776125
Tranceform works with local businesses to support mental health issues in the workplace, including the delivery of in-house training seminars, development and implementation of regulatory systems for managing work-related stress and psychological well-being, one-to-one support in-clinic as well as Employee Assistance Programmes & Retained Service contracts.
Find out more about our Mental Health at Work services here:
Maypole House, Maypole Street
Wombourne, Wolverhampton, WV5 9JB
2021 Celebrating 12 Years of Mental Health Service in the West Midlands & Shropshire.
© TranceForm Psychology 2009 - 2021 | Website Design by Paul