Change in the Workplace
Change Can Adversely Affect Stress Levels at Work
This includes how organisational change (large or small) is managed and communicated within the organisation.
The Standard is that:
Employees indicate that the organisation engages them frequently when undergoing an organisational change systems are in place locally to respond to any individual concerns
Management Standards are Met When:
- The organisation provides employees with timely information to enable them to understand the reasons for proposed changes
- The organisation ensures adequate employee consultation on changes and provides opportunities for employees to influence proposals
- Employees are aware of the probable impact of any changes to their jobs. If necessary, employees are given training to support any changes in their jobs
- Employees are aware of timetables for changes
- Employees have access to relevant support during changes
Many people find change difficult, particularly in businesses that have been in existence for many years and have perhaps had very fixed ways of doing things.
However, in order to be agile in today’s volatile and fast-moving market place the need to change has never been greater.
Making fundamental structural or organisational change to your business without adequate preparation and communication will almost always lead to high levels of work related stress and anxiety in the workforce, including senior managers as well as ground-level staff.
Management Standards Consulting
If you would like some help implementing the HSE Management Standards in your business then Tranceform Psychology Business Services can help.
We offer multi-disciplinary expert help through our core delivery team, including expertise in:
- Corporate Governance - Paul has held senior directorships in local SME's and holds both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Psychology
- A thorough understanding of business leadership & management
- NEBOSH NGC Level 3 Health & Safety certification
We are able to undertake risk assessments for work related stress as well as make a general gap-analysis of where your company 'is' in terms of internal structures, policies and deployment of the standards defined by the HSE.
- Work Related Stress Risk Assessments
- Stress Policy Development
- Management Standards Gap-analysis and report creation
- Stress Awareness training
- Stress Management Training (Thriving at Work)
- Mental Health Counselling services
- Online, Self-directed CBT programme for Staff
If you'd like to find out more, or arrange for any of our mental health at work services, then please get in touch.
Call Paul on 07434 776125
Find out more about our Mental Health at Work services here:
Case Study One NHS Black Country
Case Study Two Abacus Wealth Services
Healthy Minds Employee Assistance Programme
Mental Health Prevention Strategies
Contact Paul Lee BSc. MSc. MIAEBP
Read about Paul
You can e-mail Paul on:
Find Out More About Mental Health at Work Services
If you'd like to find out more about how we can help your business to manage mental health at work issues, or to discuss our training services, then please get in touch here.
Mobile Paul: 07434 776125
Mobile Joan: 07434 776504
Mobile Binder: 07438 389931
Self Directed CBT Programme Website: Tranceformental.com
Maypole House, Yew Tree Court, Maypole Street, Wombourne, South Staffs, WV5 9JB.
what3words address: ///lakes.grain.claims
2023 Celebrating 14 Years providing mental health counselling in Wolverhampton, the West Midlands, Staffordshire & Shropshire.
© Tranceform Psychology Mental Health Services in Wolverhampton 2009 - 2023 | Website Design by Therapy Webs