Control Issues at Work
Control (lack of) of one’s job is a cause of work related stress
Control within the management standards is defined as:
‘How much say the person has in the way they do their work’.
The standard is that:
Employees indicate that they are able to have a say about the way they do their work and that the appropriate systems are in place locally to respond to any individual concerns.
Meeting the Standards Means That:
- Where possible, employees have control over their pace of work
- Employees are encouraged to use their skills and initiative to do their work
- Where possible, employees are encouraged to develop new skills to help them undertake new and challenging pieces of work
- The organisation encourages employees to develop their skills
- Employees have a say over when breaks can be taken
- Employees are consulted over their work patterns
When the employees ability to have any influence over how their job is performed is minimal, and they are essentially simply required to ‘do as they are told’, then there is an increased chance that work related stress may occur due to the task being regarded as menial.
Management Standards Consulting
If you would like some help implementing the HSE Management Standards in your business then Tranceform Psychology Business Services can help.
We offer multi-disciplinary expert help through our core delivery team, including expertise in:
- Corporate Governance - Paul has held senior directorships in local SME's and holds both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Psychology
- A thorough understanding of business leadership & management
- NEBOSH NGC Level 3 Health & Safety certification
- PhD. Level counseling psychology certification - Dr. Somal plays a central role in programme development
We are able to undertake risk assessments for work related stress as well as make a general gap-analysis of where your company 'is' in terms of internal structures, policies and deployment of the standards defined by the HSE.
- Work Related Stress Risk Assessments
- Stress Policy Development
- Management Standards Gap-analysis and report creation
- Stress Awareness training
- Stress Management Training (Thriving at Work)
- Employee Assistance Packages
- Mental Health Counselling services
If you'd like to find out more, or arrange for any of our mental health at work services, then please get in touch.
Call Paul on 07434 776125
Tranceform works with local businesses to support mental health issues in the workplace, including the delivery of in-house training seminars, development and implementation of regulatory systems for managing work-related stress and psychological well-being, one-to-one support in-clinic as well as Employee Assistance Programmes & Retained Service contracts.
Find out more about our Mental Health at Work services here:
Maypole House, Maypole Street
Wombourne, Wolverhampton, WV5 9JB
2021 Celebrating 12 Years of Mental Health Service in the West Midlands & Shropshire.
© TranceForm Psychology 2009 - 2021 | Website Design by Paul