Emetophobia Treatment in Wolverhampton and West Midlands.
Available as face-to-face sessions or Online.
The specific Emetophobia Treatment used at TranceForm Psychology involves 10 sessions which are combined with structured tasks & exercises which help you to identify and change your limiting beliefs encapsulated within the ‘idea’ of Emetophobia.
Our Tranceformental CBT programme has been particularly effective when it comes to dealing with Emetophobia.
This combination of coaching, reading and practical work will systematically allow you to:
- Understand more clearly how YOUR mind creates filters and belief systems that distort your view of your environment and contribute to your Emetophobia.
- Understand how your psychological foundations were formed, and how these can lead to you adopting certain types of “unhelpful” thinking styles that underpin your Emetophobia.
- Learn how to unravel the unhelpful thinking and distortions and become able to permanently change unhelpful thoughts and feelings allowing you to resolve your Emetophobia.
What Happens in the Emetophobia Treatment Sessions?
During the first Emetophobia treatment session we will carry some diagnostic tests to determine your initial starting point and the severity of your Emetophobia symptoms.
These diagnostic tests are designed to assess your beliefs within the following three existential domains of experience:
(1) The extra-personal domain
The “Locus of Control” is a measure of where you perceive ‘causality’ for the trajectory of your life and has a marked effect on how much YOU believe you can solve problems and difficulties.
(2) The inter-personal domain
Social Pressure, or Social Anxiety is reprsentative of much you “worry” about what other people think about who you are or what you do and also a measure of how “judged” you feel by your social contacts.
(3) The intra-personal domain
Self Esteem is a measure of how much you “like” yourself and how “capable” and “competent” you feel and is a gauge for how you perceive and relate to yourself.
The greater percentage of Emetophobes tend to feel rather “stupid” or “silly” about their phobia and as a result will often have low self-esteems as a result.
Emetophobia Treatment Structure
After the first fact-gathering session you will then follow a structured pathway designed to help you develop deeper personal insights as well as learning a suite of CBT evidencebased tools and techniques to facilitate changes in your cognition.
The programme is designed in such way to ensure that each piece of knowledge that you “acquire” builds upon the previous.
In this way, many people find that their Emetophobia Symptoms diminish progressively during the course of the programme.
This new knowledge will equip you to not only “understand” how your “thinking styles” and “belief” systems have been contributing to your Emetophobia, but also what “practical” things you can do to counter-act these old “habitual” thinking styles and beliefs.
You will learn the following KEY things during the course of your Emetophobia Treatment with me here in Wolverhampton:
- Belief Systems and their impact on how we feel.
- Cognition (the actual thoughts we have) and the importance of our “inner dialogue”.
- The Locus of Control and how it affects our ability to tackle difficulty
- Self-Esteem and how easily it can be boosted or diminished
- Social Anxiety what worrying about what people think does to our actions
- Thinking traps that we may believe are actually helping us!
- Language, both internal and external dialogue, and how we connect linguistics to our feelings
- Anxiety & Stress and how they are “created” by many of the above factors
- Additional tools and techniques for overcoming your Emetophobia
Additionally you will begin to appreciate how many of the things that you do that are intended to ‘keep you safe’ from Vomit or Sickness bugs are actually helping you to keep the Emetophobia ‘alive’ – what are known as ‘safety’ or ‘avoidance’ behaviours.
How Much Does the Emetophobia Treatment Cost?
The full ten session course of Tranceformental CBT costs £795.
Free Initial Consultations for Emetophobia Treatment
We offer all prospective clients a free initial assessment to chat about our emetophobia treatment programme.
During this 50 minute consultation we will discuss the various options that are available to you and make a considered recommendation based on your individual personal circumstances.
These initial consultations are available as part of our online therapy service
At TranceForm Psychology we recognise the importance of the therapeutic relationship in helping people to bring about effective change, so its important to be able to ‘meet’ to discuss our change programmes BEFORE proceeding.
Our policy is to help people make a fully balanced & considered decision about undertaking work with us, including both the financial and personal implications.
Buy Our Self-Help Book
The Restrictive Realities of Belief is Paul's recently authored self-help book containing everything you need to know about how mental health problems are 'realised' through the socio-cultural beliefs that we acquire over our lifetimes and what you can do to bring about effective change.
You can read a synopsis of what this book is all about on this page:
It is currently available as a 307 page A4 PDF file for just £19.99 which you can purchase here using PayPal. Your copy of the book will be sent by e-mail.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a proven, evidence-based form of mental health counselling for developing a fundamental understanding of the dynamics of your problem, but also for learning new coping skills and strategies for sustainable change over your life.
The full course costs £795 which you can pay for on our fees page.
Tranceformental CBT is available On-line as well as a one-to-one format in the clinic.
Visit Online Counselling for more details.