Online Counselling Services
Online Counselling services will be available with Paul at Tranceform Psychology from December 2019 using the Facebook Portal facility, using either Whatsapp or Facebook connection protocols.
Initially, our online counselling services will only be available for the delivery of the Thrive Programme which is delivered over ten 50 minute sessions once per week. Clients will be required to carry out ‘homework’ tasks in-between sessions using the Thrive Workbook which can be purchased from Amazon on this page: Thrive Workbook on Amazon.
Other therapies such as CBT may be added in the future.
The Portal online counselling system offers fully encrypted end-to-end connections between users and so is suitable for the delivery of confidential counselling.
How It Works
Following the FREE initial consultation and the decision to proceed with the programme the following steps should be followed:
- Payment for the programme should be made on our Fees page prior to commencement
- Purchase your copy of the Thrive Workbook on Amazon.
- Log-on to the Thrive Programme support site using the details provided and take the assessment tests.
- Arrange a timetable of session dates and times with Paul to follow the programme.
- Ideally you will have a Facebook Portal Device as this system offers a high definition auto-panning camera, excellent sound attenuation and encryption.
- If you do not use, or have access to Portal, then you must have access to either a laptop with built-in webcam, PC with webcam or an i-pad and an active Facebook account.
- A smart-phone is NOT suitable for on-line counselling due to the very small screen size.
- Screen to Screen contact is made through your Facebook account messenger service or Whatsapp service. Your connection should be directed Paul Lee
We have recognised the limitatons of being physically located in just one geographical area in the West Midlands and see the portal as a way of being able to extend our range of services to users situated anywhere in the world, the only provisio being that clients have the necessary equipment to meaningfully engage in the therapeutic process and a private space to work within.
Supporting the Therapeutic Alliance
Research clearly highlights the importance of the ‘therapeutic alliance’ in producing postive therapy outcomes. By using the ‘Portal TV’ version of this system (where a full sized 50″ TV is used for communication) we are able to interact with clients in a meaningful way which positively supports this crucial factor. The in-built zoom and tracking facilities of the Portal camera allow us to move around the clinic room, make use of our A boards and generally creates a sense of being inside the clinic, all of which help improve the remote therapy experience.
FREE Initial Consultations Online
We offer all prospective clients a FREE initial assessment to chat about your problems or your personal development using our Portal facility. During this 50 minute consultation we will discuss the various options that are available to you and make a considered recommendation based on your individual personal circumstances.
Please use your FB Messenger service (or Whatsapp) to contact Paul on his FaceBook Page.
At TranceForm we acknowledge that therapy & counselling is a collaboration between therapist and client so it’s very important to be able to ‘meet’ over the portal PRIOR to agreeing any kind of help.
Our policy is to help people make a fully balanced & considered decision about undertaking work with us, including both the financial and personal implications.