Change in the Workplace
Change Can Adversely Affect Stress Levels at Work
This includes how organisational change (large or small) is managed and communicated within the organisation.
The Standard is that:
Employees indicate that the organisation engages them frequently when undergoing an organisational change systems are in place locally to respond to any individual concerns
Management Standards are Met When:
- The organisation provides employees with timely information to enable them to understand the reasons for proposed changes
- The organisation ensures adequate employee consultation on changes and provides opportunities for employees to influence proposals
- Employees are aware of the probable impact of any changes to their jobs. If necessary, employees are given training to support any changes in their jobs
- Employees are aware of timetables for changes
- Employees have access to relevant support during changes
Many people find change difficult, particularly in businesses that have been in existence for many years and have perhaps had very fixed ways of doing things.
However, in order to be agile in today’s volatile and fast-moving market place the need to change has never been greater.
Making fundamental structural or organisational change to your business without adequate preparation and communication will almost always lead to high levels of work related stress and anxiety in the workforce, including senior managers as well as ground-level staff.
Management Standards Consulting
If you would like some help implementing the HSE Management Standards in your business then TranceForm Psychology Business Services can help.
We offer multi-disciplinary expert help through our core delivery team, including expertise in:
- Corporate Governance - Paul has held senior directorships in local SME's as well as a BSc honours degree in psychology and social psychology
- NEBOSH NGC Level 3 Occupational Health & Safety certification (Paul)
- PhD. Level counselling psychology certification - Dr. Somal plays a central role in programme development
We are able to undertake risk assessments for work related stress as well as make a general gap-analysis of where your company 'is' in terms of internal structures, policies and deployment of the standards defined by the HSE.
- Work Related Stress Risk Assessments
- Stress Policy Development
- Management Standards Gap-analysis and report creation
- Stress Awareness training
- Stress Management Training (Thriving at Work)
- Employee Assistance Packages
- Counselling services
If you'd like to find out more, or arrange for any of our mental health at work services, the please contacts us by:
Office: 01902 897286 (We use BT 'truecall' so please do leave us a message)