Demands in the Workplace
Demands are one of the causes of work related stress
Demands in the workplace include issues such as workload, work patterns, and the work environment.
The Management Standards State:
employees indicate that they are able to cope with the demands of their jobs; and systems are in place locally to respond to any individual concerns.
What should be happening:
The organisation provides employees with adequate and achievable demands in relation to the agreed hours of work, people’s skills and abilities are matched to the job demands, jobs are designed to be within the capabilities of employees and employees’ concerns about their work environment are addressed and managed effectively.
Management Standards Consulting
If you would like some help implementing the HSE Management Standards in your business then TranceForm Psychology Business Services can help.
We offer multi-disciplinary expert help through our core delivery team, including expertise in:
- Corporate Governance - Paul has held senior directorships in local SME's as well as a BSc honours degree in psychology and social psychology
- NEBOSH NGC Level 3 Occupational Health & Safety certification (Paul)
- PhD. Level counselling psychology certification - Dr. Somal plays a central role in programme development
We are able to undertake risk assessments for work related stress as well as make a general gap-analysis of where your company 'is' in terms of internal structures, policies and deployment of the standards defined by the HSE.
- Work Related Stress Risk Assessments
- Stress Policy Development
- Management Standards Gap-analysis and report creation
- Stress Awareness training
- Stress Management Training (Thriving at Work)
- Employee Assistance Packages
- Counselling services
If you'd like to find out more, or arrange for any of our mental health at work services, the please contacts us by:
Office: 01902 897286 (We use BT 'truecall' so please do leave us a message)