Stress Awareness Training
Stress Awareness Training for Your Business
It is the case that many people have a pretty poor understanding of both WHAT stress is and HOW it affects people in different ways. This general lack of understanding is pervasive in our society and whilst it is becoming a more prominent issue in everyday lives, people also tend to hold very polarised views about it, and how people are able, or not, to cope with it.
Our Stress Awareness Training programme is designed to specifically address this issue within the context of the workplace and to provide a thoroughly scientific-based account of the nature of work related stress.
Although the focus of the training is stress at work, it inevitably crosses over into the domain of personal experience as people tend to respond to the pressure of stress in the same way in both aspects of their lives!
The stress awareness course is delivered to your entire business across the required number of sessions (depending on the number of staff you employ) and can be delivered either in-house or off-site at our training facilities in Dudley.
Your attendees will leave with solid understanding of:
- Stress v Pressure
- Individual ‘Stress Limits’
- The impact of ‘limiting beliefs’ on our perception of stress and stressful situations
- The consequences of ‘not dealing’ with stress
- Outline of the legal duty of care of both employers and employees
If your business is intending to proceed down the route of adopting the HSE Management Standards model then our Stress Awareness Training programme will both set the scene and facilitate the process through a shared awareness of the problem.
We also provide, if required at any point, a more advanced training programme which specifically targets an individuals ability to cope with stress at work which provides a range of tools and techniques that can directly influence a person’s individual stress limit. This programme is called the Thriving at Work Stress Management Training Programme.
Management Standards Consulting
If you would like some help implementing the HSE Management Standards in your business then TranceForm Psychology Business Services can help.
We offer multi-disciplinary expert help through our core delivery team, including expertise in:
- Corporate Governance - Paul has held senior directorships in local SME's as well as a BSc honours degree in psychology and social psychology
- NEBOSH NGC Level 3 Occupational Health & Safety certification (Paul)
- PhD. Level counselling psychology certification - Dr. Somal plays a central role in programme development
We are able to undertake risk assessments for work related stress as well as make a general gap-analysis of where your company 'is' in terms of internal structures, policies and deployment of the standards defined by the HSE.
- Work Related Stress Risk Assessments
- Stress Policy Development
- Management Standards Gap-analysis and report creation
- Stress Awareness training
- Stress Management Training (Thriving at Work)
- Employee Assistance Packages
- Counselling services
If you'd like to find out more, or arrange for any of our mental health at work services, the please contacts us by:
Office: 01902 897286 (We use BT 'truecall' so please do leave us a message)